In the mean time, I'm finishing up a few things to add the final touches to my new classroom. I promise to have some photos when it is all completed!
I have done a couple of projects for my room but I am really excited about this easy little one that I saw on Pinterest.
Here's how I did it:
1. I went to my local Riot Art and bought myself a packet of fat paddlepop/ popsicle sticks.
2. I bought some small cans of acrylic paint from Masters (hardware store). Purple and lime green!!! The lady who pinned this originally suggested two colours - she flips the stick when she puts it back so that she knows who has already answered a question - LOVE IT!
3. I realised I'd need something to hold the sticks while they were drying. Guess what? We had pizza last night! So this became my stick-holder :) I used a knife to cut slits in the lid for the sticks to slide into.
4. Next, was the fun part! Painting!! I just roughly painted each stick half way and stuck it into the
5. After letting it dry, I flipped them and painted the other end purple. These are them all dry!
6. I wrote all the kids' names across the middle of each stick. I even did one for myself!
7. I admired my finished product!
I can't wait to use these!!!
What do you think?